The Volvo Ocean Race is the world's premier offshore race, an exceptional test of sailing prowess and human endeavour, which started over 37 years ago as the Whitbread Round the World Race.
The role of the IT Evangelist is to help maintain the productivity of computer users and improve employee satisfaction on company’s software and hardware tools via actively marketing and creating supporting content. You will be analyzing requirements, resolving problems, identifying new processes, establishing workflows and training users to master the company’s app ecosystem. You will be responsible for stakeholder digital platforms and to support the Technology department delivering hardware and software to end-users. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing maintenance, upgrades and configurations. This position also requires proactivity on identifying user needs and contributing to the overall app toolkit and digital platforms design and implementation.
As everybody within the Technology department, the IT Evangelist must show she/he is driven to explore and understand new technologies and apply them to solutions that can meet the business needs. Additionally, the candidate must possess the organizational skills to excel on multiple projects with competing priorities.
Essential day-to-day responsibilities, include but not limited to the following areas:
- Design and implement solutions that meet the users / business needs.
- Evaluate new technologies and operationalize for production use.
- Regular interaction with employees and fellow workers to proactively identify areas for improvement or new requirements.
- Installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of IT software and hardware.
- Patrol internal and external digital platforms to ensure premium user experience and content quality.
- Support the system administrator performing daily system/network monitoring; verifying the integrity and availability of all services and key processes.
- Contribute to the user experience and features design process of company’s digital platforms.
- Actively review company’s app ecosystem and suggest changes.
- Supervise daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data is successfully backed up to the appropriate media and location following company’s Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings. Install, test and configure computers, mobiles, peripherals and software. Use IT tools to perform timely hard and soft upgrades as required.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and licenses.
- Document internal procedures and create end user material.
- Prepare and host workshops about internal tech tools and procedures for our employees.
- Perform out of hours and weekend support as per department’s schedule. During racing, will be required to be available ‘on-call’, on a rota with other team members, over evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit www.volvooceanrace.com.