Agile Test Engineer
At Coosto we deliver software faster every day. We do this by developing technical solutions, such as a continuous delivery pipeline and test automation. We organize ourselves in autonomous software development teams that work towards an architecture with independent services. This allows teams to work in parallel and deliver features faster to our customers. Besides software development, the teams have the responsibility for running their own code in production.
For one of those teams we are looking for an agile test engineer to help developers with rapid feedback cycles to improve quality while also increasing speed.
What you will be doing
You are member of an agile team that works on an independent module of Coosto, together with the product owner. This module could be our Engagement module, which helps many organizations to arrange their customer service via social media.
The other team members are front-end and back-end developers who build services and develop front-end applications. For services, business logic is often implemented with PHP and data is stored in MySQL, Elasticsearch or Cassandra. But this technology may change in the future, because you and your team decide what the best technical solution is, in line with our requirements for scalability and availability.
In the end, the whole team is responsible for the quality and you will help to create awareness and best practices. Your focus is on testing according to our principle ‘test is code too’, where the others have focus on coding. For existing solutions you work on high coverage on the most critical features with automated tests. For new features, you deliver automated tests directly. Besides that, you immediately write the test that needs to prevent production issues for the future.The tests you will be developing are small tests (API’s of services and UI’s) and big tests (integration). They are both functional as well as non-functional tests.
What you need for that
- Experience with testing in an Agile team which delivers small stories fast
- You and your team will get a lot of freedom, for this you will need to take the responsibility that goes with it
- You are able to automate your own work, so you are a tester with enough engineering skills
- Experience with various test automation tools like Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber or PHPUnit, but you are also aware of alternatives that might work better for your team and the product
- The power to persuade; you are able to convince others of your ideas in order to achieve many great things with your knowledge and experience
- The love for working with your fellow Test Engineers to carry the load on test automation
- You have a excellent written and spoken skills in English
It would also be nice if you bring
- Experience with setting up test environments in combination with Continuous Delivery/Integration
- Knowledge of/experience with Security-, Performance and/or Load Testing
- Experience with customer contact and conducting acceptance tests
We are Coosto!
Coosto is a software tool with which more than 700 enterprises are making daily decisions based on social media data. We are growing fast and innovate rapidly. We operate in a market that is constantly changing, so we make use of agile processes and self-managing teams. Scalability and the continuous delivery process are key.
Our tech department enables us to spider, index and archive millions of messages on our own server clusters. We develop our own database architecture, which we connect to open-source solutions, such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch. Furthermore, we continuously refine and extend our software and release new features and updates every week, which makes our clients very happy.
We operate according to agile principles in autonomous scrum teams consisting of data scientists, web developers, back-end developers, product owners and agile coaches. This means that each individual is responsible for their own work and for the work delivered by the team.
We are a young, aspiring company offering a very pleasant work environment. We invest in our people by means of coaching, training, the posibility to attend conferences and hacketons. Our office is located right beside the train station, bus station and shopping centre.
Are you interested?
That’s great! We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.coosto.com.